The Invest in Holland network - a close collaboration of the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA), regional economic development agencies and a number of large cities - provides support, not only to new foreign investors, but also to existing foreign investors that already have one or more operations in the Netherlands. The Investor Relations Program aims to make it easier for businesses to grow and thrive in the Netherlands.
Doing business in the Netherlands
The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) is an operational unit of the ministry of Economic Affairs. The NFIA helps and advises foreign companies on the establishment, rolling out and/or expansion of their international activities in the Netherlands.
The NFIA was established more than 40 years ago, and has since then supported nearly 5,000 companies from more than 60 countries in the establishment or expansion of their international activities in the Netherlands. Besides its headquarters in The Hague, the NFIA has its own offices in the United Kingdom, Turkey, North America, Asia, the Middle East, South Africa and Brazil.
Additionally, the NFIA works together with Dutch embassies, consulates-general, and other organizations representing the Dutch government abroad, as well as with a broad network of domestic partners such as InnovationQuarter under the Invest in Holland label.
Invest in Holland network
The Invest in Holland Network is a collaborative team of the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, regional economic development agencies like InnovationQuarter and several large cities. The network works to provide a continuum of free, confidential support services to new foreign investors, as well as existing foreign investors that already have operations in the Netherlands. Start with NFIA and you’ll be connected to the right partners in their Invest in Holland our network to assist you with everything from recruiting talent to introducing you to powerful public-private partnerships.
Why Invest in Holland
- You can’t beat our location. We’re no island. We’re on the continent, close to Europe’s 500 million consumers, not to mention your business customers.
- Our infrastructure is first class. Our world-class airport, top-ranked seaports and high-speed road, rail and broadband networks are second to none.
- We are fluent in English. Some 90% of Dutch speak English — the language of business worldwide — and many people are multilingual.
- We have an awesome business climate. Just ask Astellas, Cisco, Danone, Dow, Fujifilm, Heinz, Huawei, SABIC, Siemens and hundreds of other multinationals thriving in Holland.
- We roll out the orange carpet. The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency and the Invest in Holland partners offers free, confidential services to make starting up, rolling out and expanding your company easy in the Netherlands.