Together with various Leiden Bio Science Park (LBSP) based companies and the LBSP Organisation, InnovationQuarter is organizing a side event on March 15th in Leiden after the BIO-Europe Spring 2018. The BIO-Europe Spring (March 12-14) held at the RAI in Amsterdam is a major partnering event for the Life Science and Health sector. At our side event in Leiden, we will take interested BIO-Europe participants along the exciting developments on the LBSP in the field of engineered human tissues for drug discovery.
Leiden Bio Science Park and BIO-Europe Spring
Leiden Bio Science Park is one of the five largest bioscience parks in Europe and the largest in The Netherlands. It excels in therapeutics R&D and offers a broad range of biotech service companies, especially in the area of Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering where there are many innovative developments. At this side event, Mimetas, Ncardia, and OcellO will present their platforms and Galapagos, Charles River en Johnson & Johnson show how these technologies contribute to their business.
With a focus on European innovation and global collaboration, BIO-Europe Spring is the premier springtime partnering conference bringing together a “whoʼs who” from biotech, pharma and finance in the most innovative biopharma clusters in Europe.
Below you’ll find the program for this side event. The exact times may change.
- 10.00 hrs Arrival at the Leiden Bio Science Park
- 10.00-10.15 hrs Introduction into the local Life Sciences & Health eco system
- 10.15 – 11.30 hrs Presentations:
- Mimetas: Organ-on-a-Chip models for drug screening and development by Paul Vulto, Managing director, Mimetas
- Ncardia: The evolving roles of Human iPSC derived cell in drug discovery and safety pharmacology by Stefan Braam, CEO Ncardia
- OcellO: Successful drug discovery with cultured human tissues by Leo Price, CEO, OcellO
- 11.30- 11.45 hrs Break
- 11.45 – 13.00 hrs Presentations:
- Galapagos: Organ-like tissue models for drug development by Dr. Michela Tessari, Group Leader, Galapagos
- Charles River Leiden: Complex Cell Biology for target and drug discovery by Dr. Jeroen DeGroot, Senior Director & Site head, CRL Leiden
- Johnson & Johnson: Impact of human stem cell models within preclinical cardiac safety @ Janssen Pharmaceutica by Dr. Ivan Kopljar, Post Doc, Janssen Pharmaceutica (J&J)
- 13.00-14.00 hrs Networking lunch
- 14.00 -15.00 hrs 1:1 discussions or site visits to companies of choice
- 15.00 hrs Return to Amsterdam (Leiden is located in the proximity of Schiphol Airport, at only 20-30 minutes)
Location & transport
BioPartner Center 1
JH Oortweg 21
2333 CH Leiden
Free transport is provided from Amsterdam RAI and back. Times will be specified in due time.
Want to know more?
Feel free to get in touch with our team!
- Lissa Culbertson Boxy
- Senior Account Manager Life Sciences & Health